Sunday, April 19, 2009

Various updates

I found a really nice ready made tilt mechanism for the camera. Looks pretty nice and will handle the tilting of the camera bettery than any mechanical contraption I could create. I don't think I will have any problems with the program to tilt the camera and take pictures. However I'm not so sure now on triggering a movie. Looks like the current version of the CHDK software does not support switching camera 'modes' to movie mode. On my camera it is a physical slide switch that has to be moved to go to movie mode. I'll look at physically moving said switch, but that could be difficult as its a small tab that would need to move horizontally.

I also need to work out via the CHDK software if it is possible to disable the review feature, the flash, and autofocus. I just want the focus set to infinity and the flash would be worthless. Disabling these would increase battery life.

I still have not had success in getting my gps18 to talk to the computer so I can update the firmware. I've tried multiple times but the garmin software says it cannot find the device. I don't know if the problem lies with my wiring, the gps itself, or the computers....arrrrgh. I should be getting my new multimeter in the mail soon. I'll use it to double check all the connections and also maybe try a different computer so I can elimate that angle.

No comments:

Post a Comment