Monday, June 8, 2009

T - 5days

We finished our payload box Saturday. Its uglier then sin, but should work. Its made of dense Styrofoam 1.5 inch thick. Our weight is about 1kg - just about perfect. Just about ready to go for a launch on Saturday (weather permitting). We are going to redo the strapping on the payload box but otherwise everything looks good.

I need to buy a larger SD card for the camera to store all the pictures. Right now its going to take a picture every 10 seconds 10 in a row then a 20 second movie then repeat.

I ran a battery endurance test last night with the gps transmitter. It ran for over 4 hours and only dropped 1.5 volts on the 12v battery pack. So I expect it to last well over 8 hours especially with the lithium batteries.

Still a slight unknown is how the helium connection is going to go, I don't really know what sort of hose connection I need until I get the tank - but we should be able to buy what we need when we get it.

No comments:

Post a Comment