Sunday, May 17, 2009

KC9PUN

Got my callsign! Also received my shiny new radio - a Kenwood TM-D710A. I installed in in my car Friday despite the rain and was receiving gps data from various sites via the built in APRS function. Just today I hooked up my older garmin gps to it and was able to broadcast out my location via APRS. It showed up on the internet almost immediatly, which allows me to post my location at any time. Very cool/nerdy.

Also was able to do some flying today as the weather was nice. Flew the easystar with the camera 'pod'. I had some problems with the servos controlling the camera glitching so I flew with the camera in a static postion. I flew normal while Mark wore the goggles. He reported the view was very cool. I just need to fix the servo problem so I can point the camera in flight. I also ordered some small magnets so I can more securly attach the camera pod, as I'm worried about it flying lose during flight - which would not be a good thing.

Also got some time in with the mini ultra stick. No crashes all around - always a good thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment