Monday, May 11, 2009

Ham Radio

I took the ham radio Technician test Saturday and passed! So I'm officially a licensed nerd now. I have not yet gotten my call sign, and have to wait until it appears in the FCC database before I can legally transmit. It should show up in a few days. As I do not have a radio yet that is not an issue. I've been eyeing the Kenwood TM-D710A, its gotten very good reviews and has APRS capability built in, which I need for tracking the balloon.

Also purchased and have put together my new Easy Star plane. Its ideal for FPV. I also bought a brushless motor upgrade which significantly increases the power of said plane. I still need my camera mount which should arrive shortly and also need to rig some sort of Y-adapter for the power to go to the speed controller and the camera.

No comments:

Post a Comment