Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Ready for some testing

I've gotten the buzz module antenna in. I also finished all the soldering/connections for it and programmed the beacon.

I'm ready to do some testing. Specifically I want to see the max range we receive on the ground with the the aprs signal and how long it lasts. I would also like to see how far away I can locate the beacon via the yagi directional antenna.

I should be getting a short sma pigtail cable in the mail shortly, this will allow more flexible placement of the antenna in the payload container - less likely it will get broken during landing.

Still waiting on the camera accessories - SD card and external battery pack.

Weight allowing - we might also place a small 'hand warmer' inside the box to help keep things warm.

No comments:

Post a Comment